Confucius Says

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.

Mar 18, 2011

We want it when we can't have it...

  I crave you when I can't have you. Yet when you are in front of me, I probably don't even give you a second thought. 

  Things I normally don't care about;

   St. Patrick's Day. You are a day to wear green, a day to pinch people who aren't wearing green. You are a day for the Irish to act normal(being drunk by noon...) and the not so Irish an excuse to behave as though they are. I usually wear green and enjoy all the festive vibes around, but it's really just another day(albeit more importantly it's my Best friend's birthday and also my niece's!). This year not a shamrock in sight, no leprochans running around looking for pots o'gold. Green beer? Pffffft. Groups of annoyingly loud and drunk people singing Irish tunes off key, nowhere to be found. Yet, I missed it all! 

                                          Story of the Day

  Me: *Pinch*

  Irish Grench: "OUCH, what the hell?!!?!"

  Me: "You aren't wearing green!!" 

  Irish Grench: "And?"

  Me: "It's St. Patty's Day, so therefor if you aren't wearing green, I pinch you, duh!"

  Irish Grench: "I'm not Irish....stupid American"...

     The End

 Now, that's just not very fun is it?!


 Other things I normally don't care too much about: The Oscars, The Emmys, The Tonys, Groundhog Day, The BET Awards(ok I still don't care about those), and I'm sure there's a score of other things that I missed out on. 

 Is there a moral to this story/rant? Probably not. I'm just saying, we always want what we can't have. Even if under normal circumstances we could careless about it. 

   The most important thing to remember is to live life to it's fullest. No matter what stupid non important holiday or awards show might be going on that day! 

No comments:

Post a Comment