Confucius Says

Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.

Jan 5, 2011

Dear Paris....

Dear Paris,

  You are my new favorite city! Now, New York City still holds my heart, but there is room for you both. New York and I are old friends. We have a lot of history together. No matter how long we are apart we fall right back into our natural groove. You and I though have only known each other a short time. We got intimate very fast, but there is still some fumbling going on. We have yet to find our groove, but oh how I want to spend enough time with you to do so.... 

  Roaming your streets and getting lost brought me back to the very beginning with New York. It's a wonderful feeling to have no clue where you are or where you are going but to be surrounded by such beautiful things(and people). You end up discovering things you might have never noticed. On my way to see the Opera Garnier I got so turned around, but found a multitude of side streets with wonderful architecture. I probably would've have noticed them without getting off track. Then on my way back to the hostel, I was obliviously wandering and ended up at Moulin Rouge. It wasn't on the top of my list to visit, but I am glad I ended up there. These are the kind of surprises I thoroughly enjoy. 

  I love how much you remind me of New York, but at the same time how so very different you can be. You have wonderful metro system, but the feel is nothing like New York's. I still chuckle that you have to use a handle or a button to open the door yourself! You have an amazing amount of restaurants, but trying to eat between the hours of 3pm and 7pm is near impossible. That is until you find an Asian restaurant or a "Non Stop Service" brassiere. 

  All of these quirks are what I love though. All the history you hold within you, but how much you strive to be hip and cool. Avant guard performances and art along with street culture are still a thriving part of you.  

  So lets hope we get to take this relationship to a new level. Sooner, rather than later. Whenever it happens, I look forward to the journey. Bumps and all!


                                                            Everlasting Love,

                                                                     Nathan




P.S.
  Don't say anything to New York about this. Even though he knows he's still number 1 in my heart, he tends to get jealous easily. Thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment